Sunday, December 28, 2008

Decisions, Decisions

Hmmm.

It's time to start pastels up again, so I came back to the computer to find a suitable picture from all the photos I took over the summer. This year, I'm trying to be extra careful about not using pictures taken by someone else, since technically those are copyrighted. There are many competitions out there where I would be disqualified for using pictures taken by someone else.

So.

I'm trying to decide what my overall goal should be for next year. I've come up with several options:

1. Juried Art Shows
2. Juried Competitions
3. Local Galleries
4. Printed Material, like a 2010 calendar with a theme, such as 'waterways' since I like painting water.
5. Workshops in pastel

I suppose a sixth option would be to do all 5 of the above. I worked on the first three in 2008, and had great progress. In addition, I would really like to do pastel workshops all over the country, say at different art schools, like Arrowmont, La Conner Art Workshops , or the Scottsdale Art School. As a teacher and a painter, it's a great mix.

Any suggestions?

Pastel Guy
www.matthewweld.com - pastel paintings
www.studio206.etsy.com - handmade jewelry for sale

2 comments:

Morgan the Muse said...

I am not sure, it depends on what you have time for, and all that.. but I do know that your work is beautiful, so you should succeed in anything you want to do.

Jo Castillo said...

Hi Matthew, It looks like you have a great plan. I would suggest you throw in a little painting from life. Landscapes, still life, what ever. Your work is beautiful and coming along wonderfully. :)